Evidence binders were sent home on Tuesday. Thank you for your patience. Please look over your child's work. You might consider sitting down with your child to talk about the positive progress and areas of struggle. The student reflection at the front of the binder is for your child to complete. We started this in class and those who didn't finish were asked to complete the rest at home. The other sheet in the front is the "two stars and a wish." Identify two things you are proud of and one thing you would like to see your child work on. You may keep those two papers in the front of the binder and leave the rest of the contents in its section. The other papers in the pockets include their work for Career and Health. Please return evidence binders by Monday, February 5th so we can continue to add work for the third quarter. Thank you for your cooperation.
Zippy's Ticket Request
Our annual zippy's fundraiser will begin next week. It will run from February 2-23. Tickets are $9 each and good for one of the following at your favorite Zippy's: Chili, Portuguese Bean Soup, Meat Sauce or Pancake Mix. These tickets come in handy on those days you need a quick meal. The meat sauce is a great option to add to your own cooked pasta. That's my kind of cooking! Requests for tickets were sent home today with your child. If you prefer, you can make a monetary donation in the form of cash or check made out to PRE PTA. Prizes will be awarded to the top sellers. For further details, check out the informational flyer sent home today.
- Next week Monday, January 29th is a PD Day for teachers so students do not have school.
- Math SBA Interim is scheduled for February 5-9.
- Communicate with your child daily about what they are learning and any struggles they may be having. Looking through their work in their binder together is a good way to start the conversation about what they learned. Tests that are sent home is another way to keep up to date with their progress. Please email me if you have questions or concerns so we can work together to help your child. Planners and reading logs should be signed daily. Incomplete sheets should be signed by the end of the week and GLO trackers are taken home for parent signature at the beginning of the week.
- We tentatively have a parent involvement activity planned for Thursday, March 15th (during school hours). Be on the look out for confirmation and further details about this event.
- Shoe boxes-We usually do an electricity project in the fourth quarter that requires each student to have a shoe box. Please start saving one for your child. I will inform the students when to start bringing it in.