- Division strategies
- Use base-ten blocks/Decompose the dividend
- Halving twice when dividing by 4
- Halving three times when dividing by 8
- Use multiplication
- Dividing with remainders-What can you do with the left over amounts?
- Round the number up to the next whole number
- Drop the remainder
- Include the remainder as part of the answer
- Division word problems
- Grammar: Irregular verbs
- Verbs that do not end with -ed
- Point of View (review)
- 1st or 3rd person
- How the narrator thinks or feels about characters in the story.
- Plant cells vs. Animal cells
- What are the basic differences between an animal cell and a plant cell?
- Both types of cells have many similar parts such as a cell membrane, nucleus, mitochondria, vacuole, etc.
- Some differences include the plant cell vacuole is bigger, which holds a lot of water. A plant cell as has a cell wall that helps to give it its shape and contains chloroplast, which is like the "kitchen" of the cell.
- 1/15: No School-Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- 1/19: Report cards distributed
- 1/22: Human Interaction Presentation (in school)
- 1/29: No School-PD Day
- 2/12: No School-Teachers' Institute Day
- 2/19: No School-Presidents' Day
- 3/2: Kamananui Hike
- 3/6: HSA Science Assessment (Round 1)
- 3/16: End of 3rd Quarter
- 3/16-3/23: No School-Spring Break
- 3/26: No School-Kuhio Day