- Measuring angles with a protractor
- Identifying angles as acute, right, obtuse
- Identifying triangles as acute, right, obtuse
- Estimating and calculating angles given clues
- IXL practice: Level H:CC12, Level F: X1, Level F: Z3
- Started reviewing M4-6 for next week's quarterly assessment
- Grammar: Linking Verbs
- Does not show action
- Links the subject to a noun or adjective in the predicate
- Usually forms of be (am, is, are, was, and were).
- Other linking verbs include look, seem, appear, become, feel, grow, smell and taste.
- Grammar pkt p. 69 (optional)-answer key available on Google Classroom
- Grammar practice available on Wonders site (student login required)
- Best Place for a Birthday Party-finished
- A Good Friend-started summative writing piece
- Food chains
- Scientific Method (5 basic steps)
- Observe and ask questions
- Form a hypothesis (Tell what you think will happen and why)
- Plan an experiment
- Conduct experiment
- Draw conclusions and communicate results
- Decomposing Banana experiment-"How does yeast affect bananas"?
- Since yeast is a decomposer, students put yeast on a slice of banana and made observations each day.
- Some observations included:
- "It's getting smaller."
- "It's turning brown."
- "The one without yeast is wet."
- Students drew conclusions about which banana showed more changes during the week and the cause of the changes.
- For further investigation we wondered what would happen if we put flour, sugar or baking soda on a banana. We also wondered what would happen if we put yeast on other produce like watermelon.
- Book Fair-Our school's book fair started on Monday, December 11th and runs through Tuesday, December 19th. Students visited the book fair to make their wish list as well as add to our class wish list. Check out the books the students have requested for our classroom.
- Winter Assembly-each grade level performed a holiday song. Check out the video of our class rockin' out to Deck the Rooftop.
- 12/18-12/19: Book Fair
- 12/18: Food Chain assessment
- 12/20: Schools ends at 2:10pm
- 12/21: End of 2nd qtr-school ends at 12:45pm
Secret Santa gift exchange