- Grammar: Common and proper nouns
- Comp Skill: Main idea & Key details
- The most important idea in a text
- Look for important details in a text and consider what they have in common to get the main idea.
- Identifying the main idea and key details will help to summarize the text.
- Vocabulary Strategy: Suffixes
- a word part added to the end of a word to change its meaning
- Relating multiples and factors
- Finding pairs of factors
- Identifying prime and composite numbers
- Investigative phenomena: If environments change slowly, how can we know what they used to be like.
- Fossils can give clues about what the environment used to be like
- Cracks in earth's layers indicate there were earthquakes
- Library instruction-Nene Books
- Beginning now through February, students are encouraged to read as many books as possible from the Nene Nominees.
- Students in grades 4-6 will be able to vote for the book they believe deserves the Nene Award for 2019-2020.
- If the book is not available on the shelf at PRE, you may reserve the book online to be the next in line to borrow the book or you can visit the public library to borrow a copy of the book.
- For a list of book nominees, click on or view the link below.